David A. Schrader
- Complex Commercial and Securities Litigation
David A. Schrader became a member of the New York Bar in 1989. He concentrates on the securities industry and broker-dealer matters. With over 25 years of experience, David has represented broker-dealers and registered representatives in various cases. This includes advising firms on regulatory compliance, helping with licensing and new broker-dealer formation, interacting with FINRA and the SEC on Rule 8210 requests and SEC subpoenas, defending customer arbitrations, resolving clearing disputes, and representing firms and brokers in FINRA, SEC, and State investigations and enforcement proceedings. David previously held Series 7 and Series 24 licenses (which have expired) and completed FINRA's CRCP compliance professional certification program in 2018.
An experienced litigator, David focuses on complex commercial and securities litigation. This includes cases related to failed business transactions, contract disputes, partnership and intra-corporate disputes, investment fraud, and real estate matters. He has extensive experience in state and federal courts in New York and New Jersey. He has also handled numerous arbitrations before FINRA and other arbitration forums. Additionally, David represents clients in courts across the country. Throughout his legal career, he has provided representation to individual and corporate clients in transactional and litigation matters involving hundreds of millions of dollars.
David offers risk management and business management advice. He has a wealth of business experience and has helped Scythian Biosciences Corp., a pharmaceutical R&D company, go public in 2018. David has also held positions as the Chief Operating Officer of Scythian Biosciences Corp., the vice president and general counsel for Laconia Capital Corporation, a broker-dealer, and the vice president of strategy and general counsel for K-Tex, LLC, a Chinese trading company with offices in Shanghai.
David has a B.A. from the prestigious Johns Hopkins University, which he obtained in 1986. He then went on to graduate cum laude from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, earning his J.D. in 1988. In 2015, David achieved magna cum laude status when he obtained an L.L.M. in business transactions from the University of Alabama School of Law. He furthered his education by earning an MBA and an M.Sc. in strategic management from Kelley School of Business at Indiana University in 2009 and 2014 respectively. In 2009, David also received an M.Sc. in global management from the Thunderbird School of Global Management, where he graduated with distinction.
David has obtained several business certifications. These include a Certificate in digital disruption: digital transformation strategies, a certificate in global supply chain management, an MBA certificate in management, a mediator training certification, a chief sustainability officer training, a mini-MD medicine certificate, FINRA arbitrator training, a cannabis science and medicine professional certificate from the University of Vermont Medical School, and FINRA's esteemed CRCP – securities industry compliance professional certificate.
David helps clients develop innovative solutions to business problems by combining business advisory and legal services.
David is an accomplished editor of a treatise on Partnership Law. He is also an adjunct professor of business law at Union University, MCUTS Division. He teaches business law and the legal/regulatory environment. In addition, David has been recognized as the winner of multiple professional business competitions. These competitions have showcased his skills in topics such as developing a Strategic Plan to Revive the Travel Industry in the Post COVID-19 Environment. Furthermore, his knowledge extends to utilizing GIS, Business Analytics, and Drone Technology to Improve Crop Yield for Subsistence Farmers in Remote Global Regions.
Mr. Schrader is involved in various nonprofit organizations, boards and community initiatives. He volunteers for Pacific Community Partners, offering free business advisory services. He serves on the Board of Directors of the ACF Chapter of Johns Hopkins University. He is a member of the Rotary Club and a fellow of the Clinton Global Initiative University. Additionally, he is a member of Britannia Lodge, FAAM. Mr. Schrader also acts as a mediator for the New York State Supreme Court, Commercial Division.
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1988
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- LL.M. - 2015
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Business Transactions
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1986
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- M.Sc. - 2014
- Major: Strategic Management
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- M.Sc. - 2009
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Global Management
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- M.B.A. - 2009
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
Classes & Seminars
- Presenter, “Restrictions on Interstate Enforceability of Confessions of Judgement-Conflict with the Full Faith and Credit Clause” to the America Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law, Union University, MCUTS Division
- Scythian Biosciences Corp., Chief Operating Officer
- Laconia Capital Corporation, a broker-dealer, and K-Tex, LLC, V.P. and General Counsel
- Editor, “The Partnership Relation and the Rights and Obligations of Partners Inter Se”, Doing Business in the United States, Matthew Bender, et al.
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member