Joseph N. Paykin
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation
Joseph N. Paykin is an experienced trial attorney who has been involved in all aspects of commercial and corporate litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal trial, appellate, and bankruptcy courts.
Mr. Paykin's representative cases include prosecuting and defending federal and blue sky securities claims, including securities class actions; minority shareholder dissolution actions; restrictive covenant claims; breach of contract actions; legal malpractice actions; fraudulent transfer/alter ego actions; as well as industry and customer disputes before the NASD. Presently Mr. Paykin is, among other matters: actively defending an action to pierce the corporate veil; prosecuting a multi-million securities fraud claim; and prosecuting several multi million dollar breach of contract actions.
Mr. Paykin also counsels numerous private companies on various issues, including but not limited to: financing and capitalization alternatives; negotiating and structuring asset purchase and sales agreements; and drafting restrictive covenants, non-disclosure agreements, distribution agreements, and supply agreements.
He lectures on the possible strategies to avoid "corporate divorce."
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1989
- Johns Hopkins University
- New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Tennessee, 2023
- Sandcham Realty Corp. v. Sonnenschine, 667 N.Y.S.2d 257 (1st Dept. 1998)
- National Union Fire Insurance v. Pachnanda, 685 N.Y.S.2d 174 (1st Dept. 1999)
- National Union Fire Insurance v. Bodek, 705 N.Y.S.2d 42 (1st Dept. 2000)
- Fisher v. Big Squeeze (N.Y.) Inc., 349 F.Supp.2d 483 (S.D.N.Y. 2004)
- Gowanus Industrial Park v. Arthur H. Sulzer Associates, 436 Fed. Appx. 4 (2d Cir. 2011)
- Federal National Mortgage Association v. Quadrozzi, 40 Misc. 3d 1222(A) (Sup. Ct. Kings C’nty. 2013)
- In the Matter of Therm, 132 A.D.3d 1137 (3rd Dept. 2015)
- In the Matter of Kasab, 137 A.D.3d 1135 (2d Dept. 2016).