Joseph N. Paykin
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation
Joseph N. Paykin is a seasoned trial attorney. He has extensive experience in commercial and corporate litigation. He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal trial, appellate and bankruptcy courts.
Mr. Paykin handles a variety of cases, including federal and blue sky securities claims, securities class actions, minority shareholder dissolution actions, restrictive covenant claims, breach of contract actions, legal malpractice actions, fraudulent transfer/alter ego actions, and industry and customer disputes before the NASD. Currently, he is defending an action to pierce the corporate veil, prosecuting a multimillion securities fraud claim, and prosecuting several multimillion-dollar breach of contract actions.
Mr. Paykin provides counsel to private companies on a range of issues. This includes financing and capitalization options, negotiating asset purchase and sales agreements, and drafting legal agreements like restrictive covenants and nondisclosure agreements. He also lectures on strategies to prevent "corporate divorce."
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Kostyatnikov v. HFZ Capital Group, LLC, 212 A.D.3d 477 (1st Dept. 2023), 1st Dept.
- Nguyen v. FXCM Inc., 364 F.Supp.3d 227 (S.D.N.Y. 2019), SDNY
- In the Matter of Kasab, 137 A.D.3d 1135 (2d Dept. 2016).
- In the Matter of Therm, 132 A.D.3d 1137 (3rd Dept. 2015)
- Federal National Mortgage Association v. Quadrozzi, 40 Misc. 3d 1222(A) (Sup. Ct. Kings C’nty. 2013)
- Gowanus Industrial Park v. Arthur H. Sulzer Associates, 436 Fed. Appx. 4 (2d Cir. 2011)
- Fisher v. Big Squeeze (N.Y.) Inc., 349 F.Supp.2d 483 (S.D.N.Y. 2004)
- National Union Fire Insurance v. Bodek, 705 N.Y.S.2d 42 (1st Dept. 2000)
- National Union Fire Insurance v. Pachnanda, 685 N.Y.S.2d 174 (1st Dept. 1999)
- Sandcham Realty Corp. v. Sonnenschine, 667 N.Y.S.2d 257 (1st Dept. 1998)